The University of Nizwa in The Sultanate of Oman announces the availability of the Academic position in E-Learning
About University of Nizwa
The University of Nizwa is a non-profit academic institution, which is governed by its faculty. It shall promote positive thinking; preserve the nation’s Islamic and cultural heritage and identity, faith in Allah and loyalty to the country and His Majesty. Its purpose is to broadly educate students and equip them with values, knowledge and life skills needed to enrich their lives and enable them to meaningfully contribute to the progress of society. To achieve its mission, the University shall develop dynamic integrative programs, which provide high quality academic training, research and intellectual development.
Professor /Associate Prof.
- PhD in the field of specialization with Master's Degree in Educational Technology; or other teaching/technology related discipline degree;
- Minimum 3 - 5 years' experience in higher education institute after obtaining a doctorate.
- Minimum 5 years' experience teaching in online environment and curriculum development
- Research record of accomplishment and proof of an ongoing commitment to research activities, and should have a number of publication in international and requited academic journals.
- Minimum 3 years administrative and leadership experience in an academic setting;
- English Language Proficiency
- Teaching in the colleges in his related field.
- Develop and Implement the UoN’s strategic and operational plans for e learning;
- Activate the e-learning system and follow up all e-learning projects;
- Communicates the university’s vision and objectives of E- learning to students, faculty, and professional communities;
- Provide leadership and guidance on the field’s best practices, business trends, and quality standards;
- Evaluate and assess quality of delivery of online offerings using industry standards;
- Develop instructional technology support based on a solid understanding of the University’s e-Learning practices and instructional strategies;
- Act as the lead on the selection, application, and development of technology in respect to e-Learning and research activities;
- Facilitate the use of course design standards, procedures and pedagogical practices that apply to University of Nizwa’s e-Learning courses;
- Implement quality control practices; monitor e-Learning student satisfaction, retention and faculty performance;
- Coordinate training and mentoring opportunities for faculty engaged in designing, instructing, or reviewing online / hybrid courses; research, develop, and schedule quality-training opportunities for new and continuing faculty, in the use of technology in instruction design support, for the purpose of assisting students in using eLearning tools for effective study;
- Research and implement new instructional strategies to remain competitive in the delivery of education; research emerging technologies and their application to teaching and learning;
- Provide administrative leadership and management for the UoN’s learning management system (EduWave) and related applications;
- Collaborate with the Instructional Technical Systems Specialist, overseeing system updates, upgrades, and other applications;
- Work within instruction to develop strategies and inform decision-making about eLearning practices that promote UoN’s for eLearning initiatives;
- Encourage and facilitate a positive working environment; provide positive team development and lifelong learning staff development opportunities.
Application Process: Submit a formal application letter, curriculum vitae, educational and experience certificates (including reference Contact information), letter of experience, electronically through the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Position code should be included in the subject of the email.