The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance of the University of Luxembourg is recruiting a:
Doctoral researcher (PhD student) in Law
A specialisation is foreseen in Media, IT, Data Protection or IP Law
- Ref: F2-070013 (to be mentioned in all correspondence)
- 36 months fixed-term contract, extendable to 48 months if required
- Full-time position, 40 h/week
- Earliest starting date: 1 September 2020
- The doctoral researcher will be working within the Department of Law. The doctoral researcher is expected to contribute to the research projects in the areas of expertise of the supervisor; these include media and telecommunication law, digital/IT law, data protection law, intellectual property law. Particular interest in any or several of these fields as well as EU law would be an asset.
- The selected candidate’s main task will be to prepare a doctoral thesis in one of the above mentioned fields under the supervision of Professor Mark Cole. The thesis work will be undertaken at the University of Luxembourg but can also be part of a jointly-supervised thesis with another university.
- The selected candidate shall contribute to the teaching of classes ranging from one to three hours per week, of small group teachings and tutorials or by coaching of Moot court teams.
- Master’s degree in Law or equivalent
- Ideally some previous exposure during the Bachelor or Master studies to the specific legal fields mentioned above and a solid background in EU law
- Have the linguistic skills to evolve in a multilingual environment: fluency in either English or French is indispensable, good understanding of the second language and possibly a third language, German in particular, will be considered an advantage.
- Team-oriented work attitude
- Fully-funded position with a competitive salary.
- Regular personal exchanges with the supervisor and the members of the thesis committee, and a high quality research environment provided by the Doctoral School of Law.
- The possibility to be involved in international research projects of the supervisor and attend conferences and prepare research publications besides the Ph.D. thesis.
- An exciting international and multilingual research environment.
- Personal work space at the University.
- Gender-friendly workplace.
Applications should be submitted online, before 15/08/2020 and must include the following:
- A motivation letter.
- A statement about the field of interest for the PhD thesis and – if already developed – an according research plan.
- A detailed curriculum vitae with list of publications and copies thereof, if applicable.
- A transcript of concluded university studies.
- The name, current position and relationship to the applicant, of one referee.
For more information concerning this position, please contact Prof. Cole, ideally by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the current situation possible interviews after pre-selection will be held via a videoconference.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.