The Department of Chemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Gothenburg, offers a postdoctoral scholarship: Mammalian meiosis.
The postdoctoral fellow will study the chromosome dynamics in mammalian meiosis using the combination of cell biological and biochemical approaches using mouse as a model system. Analysis will include CRISPR/Cas9, Cre-loxP, Immunohistochemistry, Immunoprecipitation, RNAseq and biochemistry.
Dnr: E 2018/742
Scholarship period: The scholarship covers a period of 12 months with possibility of prolongation up to a maximum of 24 months in total.
Preliminary start date: 2019-03-01 (can be negotiated)
For questions and additional information, please contact Assistant Prof Hiroki Shibuya: email@example.com, +46 (0)70 006 07 79.
* To be eligible for a post-doc scholarship at the recipient must hold a PhD degree within a relevant field. The applicant must not have been employed at University of Gothenburg in the past two years.
* Please specify experiences, knowledge or interests necessary for taking part as a postdoc in this project. Remember that a scholarship is not an employment and the qualifications necessary might differ from what you could ask for from an employee.
Written application, including reference number, is to be sent via e-mail to the supervisor and must include the following:
* Personal letter stating the reasons why the study suits the applicant (maximum one page)
* List of publications
* References (2)
Application deadline: 2019-01-31
Information regarding scholarships:
* Scholarships do not give rise to sickness benefits, compensation from the Social Insurance Office or retirement pension.
* The scholarship sum is paid out quarterly
* Scholarships are tax-exempt
* A scholarship holder cannot be hired after the scholarship period due to tax reasons.