The Faculty of Business and Economics is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy in the Department of Engineering Management for a
Doctoral student in the area of environmental economics with focus on decision making under uncertainty for geothermal applications
- You prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of Applied Economics.
- You contribute to teaching and research in the Department of Engineering Management/Faculty of Business and Economics.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a master degree in Applied Economics/Business Engineering or equivalent.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- Also students in the final year of their degree can apply.
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the educational vision of the university.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- You have a strong affinity with techno-economic assessments, life cycle analyses, and the real options theory.
- You have an interdisciplinary profile and are highly motivated to work together with researchers in the field of geology (based in Brussels).
- a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation;
- the start date of scholarship will be 1 September 2020;
- a gross monthly grant ranging from € 2.447,20 - € 2.596,27;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date 12 April 2020. A CV and motivation letter should be included.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- The interviews of the candidates, preselected by a selection panel, will take place on 24 April 2020.
- More information about the application form can be obtained from email@example.com.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Tine Compernolle, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.