Faculty of Landscape Architecture, Horticulture and Crop Production Science
The Department of Urban and Rural Development
The department pursue education, research and external collaboration in Agrarian history, Environmental communication, Landscape architecture and Rural development. Read more at: https://www.slu.se/en/departments/urban-rural-development/
Education and research at the Division of Landscape Architecture covers the whole field of landscape architecture i.e. planning, management and landscape design.
Landscape architecture with a specialisation in sustainable design of places, parks, green spaces and the city. As well as design and knowledge in landcape architecture material. The intention is to strengthen the link between education and profession based knowledge in urban design; as well as between the practice of landscape architecture design, education and research.
The successful candidate will within the subject area for the position:
- contribute to the development of curricula, lead projects and conduct teaching in the practical areas that constitute an important part of the landscape architect's portfolio
- develop and strengthen education and practice based development projects as well as following the development in society that is important for the work within the subject area landscape architecture
- participate in and develop education cooperation within the division, the department and SLU and with similar subject areas at other universities nationally as well as in international networks
- contribute to the faculty's strategic development through administrative assignments at the division, the department and the faculty
- publish articles, apply for funding of practice based research and/ or assignments in collaboration with industry and society
The lecturer is expected to spend approximately 75% on teaching at bachelor's and master's level and approximately 25% on artistic development work.
Eligible for employment as senior lecturer in landscape architecture are those who:
- documented artistic or other professional skills, alternatively obtained an artistic doctoral degree, relevant to the content of the employment and the duties to be included in the employment
- obtained a master's degree in landscape architecture or the equivalent and have solid practical experience in the profession acquired during an extensive period of time
- have demonstrated pedagogical skills in teaching at undergraduate and master level as well as supervision of students
- have good knowledge in Swedish or another Scandinavian language and in English
Assessment criteria for appointment will primarily be based on the degree to which the applicant possesses the required qualifications specified for the position. Assessment of pedagogic and artistic/ professional skills shall be given equal consideration.
The assessment of pedagogic skills will consider:
- experience of planning and evaluation of teaching in landscape architecture or corresponding disciplines
- supervision of students and examination
- ability to integrate the practice of landscape architecture in teaching
The assessment of artistic and professional skills will consider:
- the applicant's experience of urban design of public spaces in different scales
- the applicant's knowledge in design and landcape architecture material
The applicant is expected to have a strong collaborative network of value for the department's teaching and research
Final date for application:
Place of work:
Form of employment:
According to agreement
Use the document Application guidelines for appointment as professor, senior lecturer or associate senior lecturer at SLU as guide when you fill in your application.
Please apply by clicking the apply-button below.
Academic union representatives: