TRANSfarm facilitates pilot-scale scientific research in the broad domain of sustainable bio-economy and translational biomedical research. For this purpose, the pilot is based on knowledge and expertise within the Science and Technology Group of KU Leuven and the valorisation process is supported by close collaboration with Leuven Research and Development. Food production is a major global topic. The growing need for healthy food for a growing population, the footprint of production systems and an ongoing transition to bio-based technologies make that the farming sector is highly innovative. With TRANSfarm, the KU Leuven scales up her lab expertise and demonstrates at pilot scale. To support the research activities together with our partners, TRANSfarm is looking for an experienced coordinator sustainable animal production systems with a major focus on poultry and swine production.
You are responsible for the bilateral zootechnical service trials.
You coordinate the research activities in sustainable farming setting at TRANSfarm.
You apply for research projects, with a main focus on innovations in sustainable animal production.
Specifically, you take on the following tasks:
- Setup of the new animal production unit on the site of TRANSfarm;
- Responsibility for the operational management of this unit, both technically and scientifically;
- Initiate research projects and explore financing opportunities at national and/or international funding agencies;
- Increasing visibility and expanding current network of TRANSfarm’s industrial partners;
- Reporting results and findings, including statistical analysis;
- Process optimization and execution of technical treatments;
- Maintenance and logistics of the animal unit, in collaboration with animal caretakers;
- Provide training and technical support to other users regarding protocols and the use of equipment and animal models;
- Setting up, supervising and completing service trials;
- Apply safety and environmental regulations and transfer them to other employees;
- Administration, data management and archiving;
You report directly to the TRANSfarm manager.
- You preferably have a master degree in biology, bioscience engineering, veterinary medicine or equivalent by experience
- You have practical experience with zootechnical animal trials and hold a FELASA B.
- You have computer skills & extensive knowledge of statistics
- You can formulate animal feed
- You are an expert in the field of animal production.
- You have good communication skills, both technically and scientifically.
- You work precisely and guarantee quality.
- You like to work independently, and you are able to perform the job with a high degree of autonomy.
- You are reliable and flexible in availability (partner in WE permanence)
We offer employment in an international context with a lot of innovation and personal development.
We offer a full-time employment, starting with 6 month contract in grade 7, 8 or exceptionally 9, which can be extended to an indefinite term.
We invite candidates to apply for (inter)national external funding.
For more information please contact Mr. Timo Lamparter, tel.: +32 16 19 40 71.
You can apply for this job no later than August 03, 2021 via the online application tool
KU Leuven seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, please contact us at diversiteit.HR@kuleuven.be.Continue reading
|Title||Coordinator Sustainable Animal Production Transfarm|
|Job location||Oude Markt 13, 3000 Leuven|
|Published||June 14, 2021|
|Application deadline||August 3, 2021|
|Job types||Research assistant  |
|Fields||Zoology,   Biotechnology,   Biostatistics,   Veterinary sciences,   Food Science,   Bioengineering,   Animal Science  |