The position refers to the area of automation engineering, which at the University of Skövde is defined as automated production systems and computer aided engineering tools. This includes the interaction between humans and machine systems, as well as the integration of product development processes.
Application deadline: January 31st 2017
Reference number: HS 2016/661
As elected to be the Volvo Preferred Academic Partner within three strategic research areas, namely, Virtual Manufacturing (from 2009), Maintenance and Process Points Analysis (from 2016), the University of Skövde is well recognized by the Swedish automotive industry as one of the leading research groups in Sweden in these areas. In terms of Virtual Manufacturing, it is one of the largest research group in Sweden that conducts research, development and consultancy to solve industrial-scale problems. The research of the University of Skövde has also some strong linkage with Gothia Science Park who received the European Enterprise Award from the European Union in 2009.
The position includes research, teaching and administration. Additional assignments might be included in the position.
The qualification requirements are:
- proven scientific proficiency equivalent with qualification as Research fellow/Reader within production engineering
- documented experience of research within production engineering and maintenance
- well documented proficiency in supervision at the postgraduate level, at least as a co-supervisor and for a minimum of two years. The PhD Student must have achieved a degree of Licentiate (equivalent) or PhD. Consideration will be given to established practices within the field
- proven pedagogical proficiency
- documented ability to communicate well, orally and in writing, in English.
- documented good ability to cooperate and leadership skills
- documented experience of applying for, obtaining and managing research projects with external research funding.
Base of evaluation
In addition to the qualification requirements, the bases of evaluation for this position are:
- The degree of proficiency that is required for the employment (see qualification requirements).
- Documented experience of conducting university level education in production engineering and maintenance.
- Documented ability of research in collaboration with industry.
- The level of ability in communicating research with the surrounding society.
- Certificate of completed training in teaching and learning in higher education (15 ECTS) or demonstration of equivalent education.
- Ability to communicate well, orally and in writing, in Swedish.
For this position special emphasis will be placed upon documented experience of research within production engineering and maintenance, documented ability of research in collaboration with industry and documented experience of conducting university level education in production engineering and maintenance.
The University of Skövde strives towards ethnical and cultural diversity and equal gender distribution within all employment categories. As the majority of the employees in the subject area are men, the University especially invites women to apply for this position.
The position is a full time (100 %) permanent employment. The University applies a probationary period of 6 months.
Information about the positions
Magnus Holm Head of Division
Jan Oscarsson, Subject representative.
Anne Laigård Carlsen
Human Resources Office
Anders Johansson, SACO-s
Sonja Nohlgren, ST
Helen Jern, Swedish Teacher's Union
These persons may be reached through the Universitys switchboard 0046-(0)500-448000.